Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 21 November 2012




If you want the BIG fish you have to get into deeper water
You have to BE braver
Take your chances
And THINK…

I’m not much of a fisherperson. Never have been really. It has seemed always to require the sort of effort I find to BE too ambitious. For ME.

And yet sometimes I want to “catch the BIG fish” in my Life. When I have a dream that asks me to get out into the deep water I almost always hesitate and then leap, toes and fingers crossed, willing the whatever to smile favourably on me.

Lately I have been looking at that practise. Asking myself if it’s really how I want to proceed. This means I need to take a little more time. Wait. Pause. And just Allow Life to peel itself back enough for me to get the perspective I need.

Since I sold GraceLand and BEcame a bus-person and walker, I have slowed way way waaaaaaaaaaaaaay down in my leaping. Most of what I hurried to DO and the stuff I felt I HAD TO, as in I MUST-DO!!! wasn’t necessary. NOT really. My brain tries, still, to convince me otherwise, but Now, when I canNOT just GO or DO I almost always get that it’s a gift.

Catching BIG Fish?! Deeper water.

I love you, Currie

3 comments:

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely creation ~ dynamic and great post ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^ ~ Happy Thanksgiving ~

Julie Jordan Scott said...

Oh, I love your style of thinking AND your style of art. I smile whenever I visit!!

Tracey FK said...

That is a great post... I am more a edge into deeper water person and always have been... I am good at sneaking up on things...

hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving...xx