Saturday, November 17, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 17 November 2012




That I never said
Probably BEcause I was wanting NOT to
Disturb
Upset
Bother
Take more of your time…

Mornings here are funny. Odd funny. Peculious funny. Funny in the way that nearly doesn’t register on a laugh-o-meter.

Funny…

This morning was [is] no different. I wake up. Curious. What time is it?! Ahhhhhhh… time to get up. Okay.

And the day BEgins.

This morning I was thinking about a friend who seems to have slipped under the door like the way cartoon characters did, long ago, when I watched cartoons. [mayBE I am remembering a thought and NOT a real thing… but that is the nicest part of morning… it doesn’t matter]

Slipped-away, out of reach, even though I’ve tried reaching. Try, I am finding, like Yoda taught, is nothing. DO or DO NOT… There is no try.

As my sleepy self is DOing morning, many thoughtsandfeelings float up and through my brain. This morning they were all about this friend. About things I want my friend to know. Things I don’t say, haven’t said, BEcause, well, I don’t want to BE a bother, a nuisance, in the way, taking up time, precious time that is so rare a commodity. Time that will never EVER come again. Time I wanted to not waste.

Time I could have…

I love you, Currie

3 comments:

Molly said...

fabulous collage!

Judy Hartman said...

Yes, I know how that happens sometimes with friends, and I too remember cartoon characters who could flatten themselves out and slip under doors! Hope you reconnect with your friend and I just love your collage!

Ginger Davis Allman (The Blue Bottle Tree) said...

I can't tell you how much I enjoy your gratitudes each day. There is just something in the way your write, emote, share that strikes a chord in me. Thank you. I guess the universe knew I needed to come find your words.