Monday, October 8, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 8 October 2012



Hesitation isn’t thoughtful
So much as fearful
And BEing indecisive, too
Just another flavour of fear.
Know when to say WHEN
When to choose
When to decide
And always… always
LAUGH.

I’ve been so serious so much of my Life. When I was around 14 or 15, I was told this often. In a variety of ways and using different words. [was that supposed to help me “swallow” it?!] Of course, THEN, I protested. [probably loudly, perhaps also seriously…]

Now, with a few more decades to teach me about things like seriousness, choices, decisions, and saying “when,” I might actually agree with those assessments of my younger self.

Still, it really doesn’t matter. Laughter matters. Taking myself and Life more lightly?! Two more things that matter.

The serious business of choosing and deciding is less so Now. I don’t know for certain how or why this is, I just KNOW IT IS.

Every hesitation I make in choosing is a moment or another [often much LARGER] chunk of time, wasted, squandered, that will never come again. OUCH!!!

Learning to lighten up has been the overriding theme and underlying purpose of my Life in the past decade. It seems strange to say this, Now, but NOT in any way wrong. Or too late. Nor too soon. Right On Time…

I love you, Currie

No comments: