Saturday, October 27, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 27 October 2012



It is enough to speak.
BEing heard
Acknowledged
LISTENED TO
All are icing, excess, unnecessary.
Though cherished
Connection with response
Exchange
Is only a pleasure
NOT a necessity.

Recently I have been shifting and reshuffling ideas, concepts, perspectives, and whole systems of BElief.  I have come to understand that like a pair of glasses or an f-stop on a camera, what I see and how I see it can change and neither the first nor the latter BE righter or wronger than the other.

And I am grateful.

I am grateful for hearing and listening to myself. It is a skill I never wanted to develop. Resisted and postponed, thinking it really unnecessary. And Now I discover its importance and gifts.

When I am paying attention and listening in, when I care in this way for and about myself, I feel “better” and even that which knocks me down isn’t enough to keep me there. This is a gift. It is an ability I never imagined I’d care anything at all about.

Ho-Hum-fiddle-de-dee, that is how I considered listening to myself. Speaking softly was foolish and when I did so, frankly, I deserved to BE overlooked and NOT considered. I needed to make my voice rise above the others. Draw more attention. Grab. Compel. Capture MORE.

Although… MayBE…

I love you, Currie

No comments: