Friday, October 12, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 12 October 2012



Whatever YOU mean when you say you
Love Life
Is enough.
No further proof required.
I didn’t always think this
Or BElieve it…
Instead I tried over and over
To check if did love Life
Enough…

An unusual pairing. It makes sense to me. That is more than sufficient. Quite enough.

For a long time I didn’t think I loved Life BEcause I did NOT love or show or DO it like I thought it had to look. I was always comparing insides with outsides and apples with oranges. Eventually, when I no longer felt any compulsion to check-in, to compare, or in any way differentiate MY Life with anyone else’s, I discovered my LOVE for Life.

And it was good. It was enough. It is, still. In fact it is more than enough. Most days I have way more JOY and Love around and inside of me than I can possibly absorb. It makes me wonder if perhaps the whole time I was trying to BE part of a couple or a family I was simply chasing my tail… Like Gracie, was I constantly sniffing everything to see if I could find myself there?!

The other night I woke myself to answer this question: How did you find yourself?!

I kept looking, I said… I kept looking.

I love you, Currie

No comments: