Sunday, October 21, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 21 October 2012



Naps aren’t my go-to
Never have been
And still…
I love a nap
That space of time
When Life goes on and I just pause
Watch the wind through my window
Close my eyes and imagine.

Gratitude, as a practise, is a good place to visit in the early hours of my day. Like naps, Gratitude refreshes me. It sings me a sweeter melody. Encourages going a little deeper and shifting perception into perspective.

Imagining, just for a moment, that instead of coming here each morning I go straightaway into my day without pause. Without mining my heart and my brain for what is simple, perhaps, yet amazing to me.

I have to tell you, that scares me. It really does.

Lately I have wondered about changing the way I DO things. Waking later, writing less, going to sleep later. It seems odd that I have come upon the way I have of living my Life, but here’s the thing: I DID NOT CHOOSE THIS. I might well continue to practise it, but I know that on my own I never, NOT EVER, could have figured this out.

I am grateful for all that is definitely weird, oftentimes odd, and even strangely off-putting about me. I am NOT a lot what I once was. I am simply ME.

I love you, Currie

No comments: