Sunday, October 7, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 7 October 2012



It’s only BEcause everyone does it
That’s all
No good reason for all the fuss
Or the fighting
Climbing up and over
Squashing others down

I don’t think there is anything I dislike so much as competition. Especially the way it is promoted in places where cooperation works so much more successfully.

BUT…

This could simply BE a sign of my age. My growing a little too entrenched in my own ideas, BEliefs, and firmly held convictions. [this aging thing isn’t always pretty]

I am grateful for my own capacity to see things in their true light. Without the glitter and the hype. Without the grandiosity of a more is better mindset.

It is hard, I am discovering, to try to defend something that has long since BEcome The Way Things Are [or Are NOT]. It is like speaking a language that no one can translate precisely. Only the idea of it, and even then it’s wrapped in awkward syntax.

And still I BElieve that Cooperation is ALWAYS better than Competing. It’s fair. MORE fair, actually.

With everything based upon Winning or Losing, BEing Picked or Rejected, it is no wonder that we have the World we have Today. And we have opened our doors wide to let them in. Fed them full. Invited them to stay. Forever…

I love you, Currie

No comments: