Saturday, October 20, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 20 October 2012



It’s hard to stay silent
To NOT give in to bitter thoughtsandfeelings
Yet complaining has never EVER
Worked so well as NOT complaining.

Sometimes it seems Life is just a continual heaping-on of more and more stinky smelly stuff. It BEcomes almost comical how things go wrong and turn inside out and upside down. And then it stops me, cold. In my tracks. Like a brick wall.

And I realise…

DON’T COMPLAIN.

Even if complaining seems the most natural and normal thing. Or if I am sure it is what ANYONE would DO.

Don’t complain.

When Life is unpleasant, when people are unkind, indifferent, and even when they act as though I am invisible, irrelevant, and insignificant, I am learning NOT to complain, NOT to insist upon BEing heard. Or what is more, to BE UNDERSTOOD.

It isn’t what I observed, nor even what I was “taught” by the actions of those around me growing up, but it IS what I have learned from my very own example… or should that BE examples?!

It’s easier to complain. It’s more comfortable to work up a head of steam and make sure that everyone around me KNOWS better than to MESS with me. Especially NOW.

Still, I’m working on NOT complaining. Nor BEing one who complains. Even DOing so nicely…

I love you, Currie

No comments: