Monday, October 22, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 22 October 2012



Many times Life just rolls by and on out the door
No one takes even a moment to acknowledge
Its wonder
Magic
Extraordinariness.

Something was pointed out to me yesterday which put some other things into perspective. I am glad of that. I felt better in the realisation. Better still as it sunk in.

Life is ordinarily rather worthy of celebration. And yet we seem to hold celebrating for the “big things” and the “agreed upon” dates and days and such. Whole industries have been built upon our agreeing to celebrate certain days and dates and events.

But Life just all by itself is truly a magical thing.

Just think about it… the smile on someone’s face. A kind word. Laughter that is deep and true that rises up over everything else and pours itself on a moment.

Every single moment of every single day there is reason ENOUGH to celebrate, if, that is, reasonableness is desired.

When I forget this, which I DO, all too often, I seem to come apart and get very fragile, too tender, and I “break” too easily.

Yesterday I let myself BE in the funk that was still hanging on. I didn’t fight or try to overcome it. I just let it BE. Perhaps that is all it wanted…

A little celebration.

I love you, Currie

No comments: