Monday, October 29, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 29 October 2012



Don’t rush on without thinking
BE a little bolder than that
Trust yourself to DO whatever it is
By first taking a moment’s pause
To clarify your intention and
See the vision you have in mind.

In my Life I am sometimes given to BEing abrupt, blurting, and running on and on and on… [well, you already know this, I’m just saying.]

So I am practising something different. NOT something “new” just something new to ME.

Pausing. Pausing FIRST, BEfore acting [or reacting].

I think I have resisted this practise BEcause I’ve felt so desperate. And I’ve needed to quell my anxiety and hold my little demons at bay. I suppose I have been scared to Pause First…

I’ve equated pausing first with hesitation, and they are NOT the same. [well, sometimes mayBE they are pretty similar, yet I don’t think they are identical]

This morning, pausing first to think about something I WANT to DO, I came to see that the risks in DOing that thing were greater than the risk I want to BE taking. At least Right Now. And NOT just the risks to ME. That’s where I really see the benefits of Pause First.

Although I love spontaneity and lightness, I am more committed Now to NOT causing pain or risking anyone’s hurt feelings…

I love you, Currie

No comments: