Sunday, September 9, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 9 September 2012

Ó 2012 Currie Silver  

It isn’t hard but it does take courage
To BE someone who remembers
Who takes the time
Makes the effort
And who seems often to remember
Silently, never intending to acknowledge it.

I have been someone who remembers things you’d think, really, WHY ON EARTH DO I bother?! But it’s NOT really a choice. It’s also been tested quite a lot in the past decade or so. I’m sure that anesthesia has played a part in that. There are Now many little pockets in my memory that seem to have grown holes in them. I’ve actually forgotten whole chunks of Life and some of the people, times, and places my path has crossed…

And there is also the useless, even counter-productive remembering. Like replaying a movie of a time in my Life and having things turn out an entirely different way. BUT… I am NOT talking about that, even though sometimes that happens in the sort of remembering I AM talking about. Just a hazard to work round…

BEing someone who remembers is bold, dangerous, and terrifically tender. It gives a million and one opportunities to send love and good wishes out into the World. It is one of the most generous ways I know of loving people, of loving LIFE, of loving myself…

I love you, Currie

No comments: