Saturday, September 15, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 15 September

Ó 2012 Currie Silver  

Where I mostly always
[NOT just sometimes]
Shutdown
Close off
And STOP listening
Is when it cuts too close
To my own experience

I spent a LOT of time yesterday walking. Getting things done and taken care of when you are working with bus schedules that don’t always match reality will make that the case.

So BE it. I’m only saying and I am NOT complaining. Honestly, I feel strong and capable and even a little proud of myself, the lengths to which I will go to take care of myself, of Gracie, of the things that matter…

The only “problem” I had with all that walking was drivers. Drivers who felt compelled to lean on their horns when the car in front of them was only looking for an address, or mayBE a sign to indicate WHERE they were. How hard is it, really, to BE patient with someone DOing something we ALL have to DO?!

Apparently too hard…

Letting this in, listening to it inside of ME, I was instantly humbled by my own tendency to get agitated, BE in a hurry, or think the World, even Life Itself revolves solely around ME.

It is very hard to break that spell, yet it is only the thing we ever MUST DO.

Listen…

I love you, Currie

No comments: