Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 12 September 2012


        
    Ó 2012 Currie Silver

Really.
Go ahead.
Let it spill over you.
Like honey in the sun
Or a soft place to land…

I am used to people telling me how BEautiful Gracie is. I don’t say this flippantly, really. I say it BEcause this constant of the last 7 years has been the ONLY praise I’ve even got close to accepting without A. telling myself that whoever is handing out the “praise” is “just BEing nice” and/or B. making damn sure I don’t let their words go to my head.

Why is this?! Why must I always qualify, deflect, or flat-out reject praise? Why is likely NOT the question that will get me to a satisfactory answer.

Instead, what is different about the Gracie-praising words that I find easier to accept?!

1.     She is NOT Me
2.     She really is extraordinary [less so in her looks, to me, but I won’t argue        that she is stunning]
3.     She has no NEED for the praise…

That #3 is key. She doesn’t think anyone is just BEing nice. SHE thinks EVERYone should stop whatever they are DOing to give her a belly run and let her lean in and love them.

I often wonder if it’s truly her “looks” that garner her this daily outpouring or her sweet heart?!

I love you, Currie

No comments: