Monday, September 10, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 10 September 2012

Ó 2012 Currie Silver


It is possible
Even when I am convinced it’s NOT
The key is making the choice.

Somedays Gratitude Practise seems like putting on a Halloween costume and convincing even myself that I am NOT ME, I am what/whoever I am masquerading.

The past couple of days knocked the wind out of me. I don’t know how it happened, but I DO know when. Still, there is no point in laying blame, shame, or guilt ANYWHERE. Just keep on, Currie, just keep on…

Moods are as real as weather, as intrusive, as encompassing, and as destructive, sometimes. The only difference, there is no weatherunderground to check, to track the storm, to help me see what I need to batten-down or turn off.

So I did some battening-down and turning-off of my own. It’s still a little too early to know if this is enough, but I suspect there aren’t a lot of certainties in moods OR in weather, really.

Gratitude, I am discovering, is completely independent. It’s a wild and saucy rogue, unlimited by foul weather or straight-up assault. Gratitude doesn’t depend on ME, it just flies no matter the velocity of the winds.

But…

I depend on Gratitude. I depend on it to BE deeply-rooted. I depend on its consistency. I guess I’m Gratitude-dependent…

I love you, Currie

No comments: