Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 5 September 2012

Ó 2012 Currie Silver

When there is nothing I know
For sure
Nothing I can BE certain of
And no clues are forthcoming
I choose faith in something
BEyond knowing
BEyond certainty
BEyond ME.

I don’t know that the dark itself has ever been what most terrified me. However, some of my most terrifying times were in the dark. The “dark” here meaning where light was absent and clarity was impossible. Where I felt strange and unsure and alone.

I am grateful for knowing, for my certainty that I was NOT alone, and that I am never alone.

I am grateful for choosing my faith over my fear, when I can manage that, and for leaning into that faith when there was nothing steady or firm I could hold onto.

Faith isn’t about words or doctrine or any set of BEliefs and understandings. And yet certain words and a wide variety of practises have been the tools that have carried me through “the dark” time and time again.

Rather than calling out with the hope of BEing rescued from the dark hallways Life, I pray and ask for the courage to BElieve all is as it’s meant to BE Right Now. Such times, however dark and terrible, are those upon which my faith has grown a firm foundation.

I love you, Currie

No comments: