Sunday, September 23, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 23 September 2012

Ó 2012 Currie Silver

What is in the Past
Is NOT what is
Going to BE
In the Future
And anyway,
It IS Right Now
NOT Then.

So much of Life rests on statistics, literally. It “rests” as in sleeps, sits, and completely vegges-out there. What we have done, how something did go, what the record of wins and losses has been over time… these are nothing more than stories of the Past.

And hard as it is to wrap our minds round, WE LIVE RIGHT NOW…

Imagine if we really COULD make the Past equal the Future. Go ahead. Let your mind marinate in that, marinate deeply. What does that MEAN to you?!

If I am honest I have to say I often wish that my Past could BE my Now. In essence I am willing and perfectly happy to settle for having what I did have.

However, living that way is about as exciting as staring out a dirty window on a train in a tunnel.

Practising Gratitude is like a dimmer switch. I can shine light brightly or NOT so on what has been, on what I learned, or on how my experience made me grow, change, or learn.

I can also turn it all the way dark. BEcause, that’s really where the Past lives.

I love you, Currie

No comments: