Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 18 September 2012

Ó 2012 Currie Silver

BEing someone who CAN
Isn’t the same as
TAKING a risk EVERY day
Although it might BE,
It’s more the spirit of the thing
I am talking about.

Plan BE is stretching me lately. I’m NOT sure that writing about it this way is really the best way to practise Gratitude, but IIWII ;~D so I am learning!

I think the idea of taking a risk or risk-taking is often so much larger and unlike what I’ve thought it was all my Life. A risk can simply make me hesitant. Unsure. A little breathless and floaty. After all, I DO know that I am sometimes too concerned with safety and certainty.

Recently I have been learning to take the risk of saying something, OUT LOUD, which for me generally means writing it where anyone could see it. I always want to get it out of my head, yet once it’s on the screen, like this, I admit to there BEing a little thrill at pushing Send, Publish, or whatever the process is for letting it loose.

I have done this same thing with actual posted mail. It’s always a mix of thrilling and terrifying. It’s inspiring, too.

BEing someone who CAN take a risk every day is where I’m pointing myself. That’s all. Really…

I love you, Currie

No comments: