Thursday, September 6, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 6 September 2012

 Ó 2012 Currie Silver

  
ACCENTUATE your mistakes
SHINE the spotlight on wherever you go wrong
BE unafraid to speak up and say something foolish
This is Life
You’re here to LEARN
BE Uncertain & BEwildered
Say YES to I don’t know!!!

Okay, it’s just you and me and these two computer screens…

Ever made a mistake? Given the wrong answer? Had one of your wild-ass totally missed the point responses make a teacher’s top 10 screw-ups?!

What if that were the point?

What if we celebrated our mistakes rather than hiding them inside mountains of shame?!

I knew a woman once who said something I will always remember when I am learning, especially in that “trying to learn” phase…

NONE OF US WAS BORN WALKING!!!

Really. That’s true. And yet we act as if we must constantly hide or apologise for the times we trip over our tongues, have a sudden onset of brain cramping, or give the right answer to the wrong question. Or is it wrong answer to the right question?!

I think if we encouraged ourselves more every day to BE Uncertain & BEwildered, we might find Life a lot more fun. And if some of us could overlook “mispelllimgs” and “gramharical” errors we’d get closer to what we’re reading or who we’re listening to…

I love you, Currie

No comments: