Saturday, September 22, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 22 September 2012

Ó 2012 Currie Silver

It is hard to see myself
Sometimes
When I know how small
And inconsiderate I can BE
Sometimes…

As difficult as it is BEcause of all the weight I have given The Past, and in particular My Past, to face myself in the mirror, I have lately done this very thing, deliberately. With intention. And I have to say I like who I see in there. I like her AND what’s more… I respect her.

And yet I still, at times, reflexively look away. Find other things to DO, during my daily 2-minute mirror opportunities, when brushing my teeth.

Recently I was challenged, encouraged, or mayBE just prompted to DO this DELIBERATELY. On two separate occasions. What I learned is the sort of stuff I’d have NEVER known by BEing an avoider. Very. Cool. Beans.

I am grateful for discovering a much more Real ME than that one I dodged and avoided. For the courage to see the many tender bits of me. The tiny green shoots peeking up out of the dirt. The glimmers of hope that seem to actually shine off of my eyes.

Though I could see the wrinkles and that little 11 BEtween my eyebrows, I mostly saw peace and someone at ease with who she is. And is NOT.

I love you, Currie

No comments: