Saturday, September 29, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 29 September 2012

Ó 2012 Currie Silver

Even the very best relationships
The ones I’ve held closest to my heart
Require me to Let Go
The baby, then child who BEcame the man
The grandmother whose light shone on me
The dog who accompanied me through so much of Life
And so many others
And more to come.

Part of Plan BE is that it can serve as an index, or a table of contents. Life has lots of similar times, things that might go unnoticed except for how they stir me and leave me spun [or still spinning].

One of my much over-demanded skills, Letting Go of people and relationships I deeply cherish[ed], is the skill I am referring to here.

Impossible to comprehend combined with a stubborn refusal has mostly been my go-to M.O. And each time this has BEcome MORE uncomfortable, MORE pain-FULL, and sadder.

In my Plan BE I am a person whose heart is open, who is able to let new people and experiences and even times IN… As. Well. As. Out.

Who can BE exceedingly grateful for the gift of SOME TIME with SOMEONE or SOMETHING. Who holds what I cherish in my heart. Who releases her grip and no longer clings. Who understands that Life, all of it, Comes To Pass. Who Lets Go.

I love you, Currie

No comments: