Friday, September 28, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 28 September 2012

Ó 2012 Currie Silver


Open does NOT mean agreement
Nor does it require BEing convinced
Of another’s perspective or
Point of view.
Open means allowing for
Difference
Without disagreement
Or argument

Round election time, BEing 99% unplugged by choice, I sense the edginess in the air. People feel they must BE right and others wrong. They work tirelessly to convince and prove the other’s and others’ point[s] of view full of holes and contradictions.

I don’t know why this is. I only know that it is. And this, in a most overwhelming fashion, makes me unBElievably sad.

That 1% I am aware of is what I choose to listen to and read. What I can sense when I see the stuff that finds its way into my mailbox. What catches me whilst out walking with Gracie, on all the signs that line the highway and those on people’s lawns.

Recently something came into my emailbox.  Causing me to pause. To read it. To click some links and read, listen, and try to understand. It was something I feel strongly about, as it actually pertains to ME.

I wanted it to BE “wrong” even though it wasn’t said by someone I would vote for. But it wasn’t a misquote.

Sometimes an open mind hurts. Still, I’m grateful for mine.

I love you, Currie

No comments: