Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 30 April 2014


A person can learn a lot from a dog, even a loopy one like ours. Marley taught me about living each day with unbridled exuberance and joy, about seizing the moment and following your heart. He taught me to appreciate the simple things-a walk in the woods, a fresh snowfall, a nap in a shaft of winter sunlight. And as he grew old and achy, he taught me about optimism in the face of adversity. Mostly, he taught me about friendship and selflessness and, above all else, unwavering loyalty. [John Grogan, Marley and Me: Life and Love With the World's Worst Dog]

There is so much about these words that resonates in me. I am so blessed to have Gracie in my Life. She is the greatest teacher of Living Life. Hands-down best ever.

I could DO with some more of her exuberance.

Any fool can know. The point is to understand. [Albert Einstein]

I love this. I mean, it is exactly the point. So much we “know” but so very little of it DO we really understand.

For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.  [Aristotle, The Nicomachean Ethics]

This is exactly what is happening with me Now. I am NOT supposed to already know everything about it!!!


I love you, Currie 

No comments: