Friday, April 25, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 25 April 2014


“I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
   [J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring]

Gandalf’s perspective is rather exquisite. Something that I wish could BE in all our  hearts and minds, NOT necessarily loved and cherished, but definitely understood and accepted.

It seems quite natural, and even expected, to come from a place of WANTING MORE. To sense that Whatever Is is NOT Enough.

Don't waste your time with explanations: people only hear what they want to hear.   [Paulo Coelho]

There is so much Time I have “wasted” trying to satisfy people with answers and explanations, and for all that Time I have only got more demands for more answers and more explanations.

It's being here now that's important. There's no past and there's no future. Time is a very misleading thing. All there is ever, is the now. We can gain experience from the past, but we can't relive it; and we can hope for the future, but we don't know if there is one.  [George Harrison]

It really is just that simple…


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

Yes! Now is really all we have. Sometimes it is hard to grasp that. :)

(BTW-I am waiting for a block of time to give thoughtful response to your other emails. Soon!)