Saturday, April 5, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 5 April 2014


To have faith is to trust yourself to the water. When you swim you don't grab hold of the water, because if you do you will sink and drown. Instead you relax, and float.   [Alan Watts]

I remember when I learned to swim. But to say that is like saying I remember when I learned to walk. To read. To write. I think what I “remember” are slices of time and space where I went from NOT knowing to BEing able.

I think floating is just another Life Skill. I think it is important and essential, same as breathing.

Life is a tide; float on it. Go down with it and go up with it, but be detached. Then it is not difficult.  [Prem Rawat]

It can BE challenging to float. Even with all its sweet lightness, floating means giving up control. It means I canNOT re-write the scene or direct the actors. I only get to BE. To improvise. Respond.

When you're in the muck you can only see muck. If you somehow manage to float above it, you still see the muck but you see it from a different perspective. And you see other things too. That's the consolation of philosophy.  [David Cronenberg]

Perspective makes a HUGE difference.

Sometimes, though, having it doesn’t change a thing…


I love you, Currie

No comments: