Monday, April 21, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 21 April 2014


Change is like that: you are no longer where you were; you are not yet where you will get; you are nowhere exactly.  [Lionel Shriver, Checker and the Derailleurs]

It is a precarious ledge I find myself on these past weeks. Getting narrower and then suddenly widening, and I feel like I am Right Here and it is good, “well with my soul” as Jay so often writes…

I notice that it isn’t easy for some people to see me Here, or mayBE to accept it. I can fall into old habits in a blink, but fighting someone has NEVER worked for me…

When I fully enter time’s swift current, enter into the current moment with the weight of all my attention, I slow the torrent with the weight of me all here.  [Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are]

I’ve been feeling like this. Things feel slowed down a LOT and like frame-by-frame instead of flowing one into the other, a “moving” picture. I lost my patience yesterday. I discovered an end in myself and it came up so suddenly, without giving me any time at all to make it BEhave.

Here is an unfenced existance   [Philip Larkin]

What an apt description. Here is a field, wide open and free.


I love you, Currie

3 comments:

pauline said...

Currie.. these thoughts, these works of art... are ALL so nourishing to one's spirit. You too, are a gift to this planet. You are. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself here & giving us a glimpse into that wonderful heart & mind of yours. xx

Rita said...

Thoughtful post. Sounds like a bit of stress but that it passed. I love that--well with my soul! Who's Jay? :)

lorik said...

Your work this week is quite the opposite of mine...I think I need some of your energy...even if it may have come from stress. Very dynamic work!