Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 9 April 2014


Have you ever heard the wonderful silence just before the dawn? Or the quiet and calm just as a storm ends? Or perhaps you know the silence when you haven't the answer to a question you've been asked, or the hush of a country road at night, or the expectant pause of a room full of people when someone is just about to speak, or, most beautiful of all, the moment after the door closes and you're alone in the whole house? Each one is different, you know, and all very beautiful if you listen carefully.  [Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth]

This is a curious time for me, similar in ways to some other times yet wholly itself. I love the quiet that’s teaching me so gently.

My imagination functions much better when I don't have to speak to people. [Patricia Highsmith]

There is just so much that is BEautimous about this… and so fitting for me. Especially Now.

…and you try to quiet your mind so you can hear what that landscape or character has to say above the other voices in your mind. [Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life]

Sometimes a quiet mind is a little slice of Heaven.

And sometimes, the voices are a lovely choir singing the sweetest songs…


I love you, Currie

No comments: