Friday, April 11, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 11 April 2014


I wish I could've lived my life without making any wrong turns. But that's impossible. A path like that doesn't exist. We fail. We trip. We get lost. We make mistakes. And little by little, one step at a time we push forward. It's all we can do. On our own two feet. Even if we get a little banged up. Someday, we'll reach something. We'll reach someone. We pray.
Come on. It's time to start walking.  [Natsuki Takaya, Fruits Basket, Volume 21]

Quite the luxury, thinking I wish I could’ve… I suppose it is to BE expected, just a little, Now. And yet here’s the nifty part: it’s NEVER too late to DO what we wish we could’ve.

NEVER.

Going back to something is harder than you think. I don't suppose I could have broken my mother's heart any more if I tried.  [Mitch Albom, For One More Day]

People say we “go back to” all sorts of things, places, times… Normal. Business as usual. How it was. But I BElieve that is just a piece of fluff we all cling to. Life goes on.

There is always and only Now. Nowhere to go back to. Nowhere to arrive at, in the end.

My heart knows right where to go.  [Cynthia Hand, Radiant]

And it always will.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Carol said...

Love the first quote!!! Great art too. I know I haven't been commenting lately but I do read every post.