Sunday, April 27, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 27 April 2014


“Do you think people can change?" I ask Rick. 
"Yes." he answers plainly. "There are those who can." 
That grabs my attention. "So you believe it's possible?" 
"Miss Stella," He gives me his teacher-to-pupil stare. "It boils down to choice.”  [Katie McGarry, Red at Night]

I’ve wondered this same question a LOT lately. And I have come to the same conclusion as Rick…

No matter how hard we try, we can never understand everything that another person has gone through or why they might believe a certain way. It is possible for something to be right for you and something completely opposite be right for someone else.  [Daniel Willey]

What I really wish is that I could keep it that simple. Somehow, despite my very best intentions, I still find myself trying to explain myself to people who will NEVER choose to simply accept what they canNOT, personally, inside their very own toes, understand.

The universe is made up of courses of action we have no say in, but we have a say in who we are, and in those choices we make inside, even if outside, those choices seem impossible.   [Dianna Hardy, The Last Dragon]

I love that I have to make my own choices, that I canNOT blame or credit anyone else for them.

That’s empowering.


I love you, Currie

No comments: