Thursday, April 24, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 24 April 2014


They couldn’t have known that even this was a lie—that we never really choose, not entirely. We are always being pushed and squeezed down one road or another. We have no choice but to step forward, and then step forward again, and then step forward again; suddenly we find ourselves on a road we haven’t chosen at all.

But maybe happiness isn’t in the choosing. Maybe it’s in the fiction, in the pretending: that wherever we have ended up is where we intended to be all along.
  [Lauren Oliver, Requiem]

I have been in my head a LOT lately. And Now I have been “sent there” again to make choices. To choose. But the menu does NOT have all the choices there truly are. In fact, it is pretty much all packaged up, like “fast food” I haven’t eaten in years.

Look to your heart and soul first, rather than looking to your head first, when choosing. Rather than what you think, consider instead how you feel. Look to the nature of things. Feel your choices and decisions. It just might change everything.  [Jeffrey R. Anderson, The Nature of Things - Navigating Everyday Life with Grace]

It’s clear to me how I feel

when confused , choose love above everything   [anonymous]

Well that’s VERY helpful with this…


I love you, Currie

No comments: