Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 23 April 2014


We’ve been focusing so much on getting there that we haven’t been enjoying the ride.  [Elizabeth Eulberg, Take a Bow]

A LOT of Life is missed out on in just this way. Focusing elsewhere. NOT BEing Present in each moment, imperfect and oftentimes downright boring as the moment might BE. I noticed this yesterday, painting, pretty much all day long. I wasn’t anywhere but Right There. It was delicious.

Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting Holy shit…what a ride!   [Hunter S. Thompson]

You know, I have always grinned at the various takes on this quote. I BElieve it though. I think Life, lived safely and neatly, in ways where I DO my darndest to conform and BE “right,” is plain and simple the Life that I am NOT riding. It is the Life that I am thinking and constructing, building out of those Legos that are “in the box” instead of those I’m “discovering” along my way.

“Who says there has to be a point?" He asked. "Or a reason. Maybe it's just something you have to do.”  [Sarah Dessen, Along for the Ride]

Here’s what I’m thinking: MayBE all my “making sense of things” is a wasteful exercise?!


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

Maybe we don't need to worry about it. The making sense of it all seems to come later. Just focusing on each step being the best one you can take in the best direction you can take is about all we can do. ;)