Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 1 April 2014


When you are inquisitive, Jane, you always make me smile. You open your eyes like an eager bird, and make every now and then a restless movement, as if answers in speech did not flow fast enough for you, and you wanted to read the tablet of one's heart.  [Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre]

When I am in the midst of an experience rich with discovery and revelation, I know everything inside me is Very Busy; what I canNOT know is how that appears on my “outsides.” Or that I even WANT to BE observed that closely.

The past few weeks have revealed so much that I am just a bit in awe… at how it can BE to BEcome up-ended and over-turned and still BE standing.

You meet a new person, you go with him and suddenly you get a whole new city...you go down new streets, you see houses you never saw before, pass places you didn't even know were there. Everything changes. [Samuel R. Delany, Dhalgren]

Indeed, new people and new experiences open entirely new Worlds. I sometimes see this, recognise it is happening, but mostly it is subtler than that. Quiet. Unable to BE captured whole.

Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore. [André Gide]

Exactly.


I love you, Currie

No comments: