Monday, March 31, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 31 March 2014


When it comes to the words you choose, whether in your mind or amongst friends, let them be of what you like and love. What you care about and cherish. What makes you happy. What gives you wings. What makes you dream. And very little else.  [The Universe, www.tut.com]

It has been awhile since I used my words. Out loud, anyway. I’ve had many thoughtsandfeelings that don’t fit neatly inside of words, and I have been watching them. Feeling their urging to simply watch and listen.

For Now…

I remember when I was growing up. My great wish was to understand who I was and how I fit in the world.  [Yo Yo Ma]

Life is funny. Seriously. It never ceases to amuse me how seriously I can take myself until something “serious” happens. That’s when I discover in me, yet again, the clown. There is a deep well of laughter inside of me, but it doesn’t always find its way into the World. Sometimes it takes a good kick in the pants to loosen my bones and roll that laughter out.

Great memories are learned. At the most basic level, we remember when we pay attention. We remember when we are deeply engaged.  [Joshua Foer]

Sometimes remembering is all that a person can actually DO. So I remember.


I love you, Currie

No comments: