Friday, March 14, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 14 March 2014


… if something is there, you can only see it with your eyes open, but if it isn't there, you can see it just as well with your eyes closed. That's why imaginary things are often easier to see than real ones. [Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth]

There is so very much that I BElieve that is, actually, only what I am imagining. And it escapes my reality checker, too. I imagine it to BE, yet I never put it to the test. Oftentimes someone else does that. Or experience reveals the nature of it.

Sometimes I muse about how wonderful it would be if I could string all my dreams together into one continuous life, a life consisting of entire days full of imaginary companions and created people. [Fernando Pessoa]

I think the Imagination is pretty active in people. And as such is capable of creating entire Worlds that no one ever really sees. And the other thing is that Worlds exist which are entirely imaginary and still we walk carefully in them when really there is nothing to walk on.

Captain Cook discovered Australia looking for the Terra Incognita. Christopher Columbus thought he was finding India but discovered America. History is full of events that happened because of an imaginary tale. [Umberto Eco]

So  very brilliant!!


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Carol said...

Love the bold colors in the art ♥ This is a very thought provoking post.... I find myself living in an imaginary world often...free of pain and with the ability to create non-stop. It's a nice place to visit :)
Have a great weekend ♥