Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 5 March 2014


… words are like nets - we hope they'll cover what we mean, but we know they can't possibly hold that much joy, or grief, or wonder.  [Jodi Picoult, Change of Heart]

Whenever I write I “hear” my words but I don’t know if that happens anywhere else. I only hope they will BE heard. What amazes me is that they can BE heard so differently than I thought them. Convoluted but there it is.

He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder.  [Tad Williams, The Dragonbone Chair]

Few things irk me so much as assuming I know ANYthing about HOW Life will unfold…

I think us here to wonder, myself. To wonder. To ask. And that in wondering bout the big things and asking bout the big things, you learn about the little ones, almost by accident. But you never know nothing more about the big things than you start out with. The more I wonder, the more I love. [Alice Walker, The Color Purple]

Such a BEautimous thoughty morsel, eh?! “Us here to wonder” is simply and completely exquisite!


I love you, Currie

No comments: