Saturday, March 1, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 1 March 2014


Only the curious will learn and only the resolute overcome the obstacles to learning. The quest quotient has always excited me more than the intelligence quotient. [Eugene S. Wilson]

I have generally been discouraged by IQ as well. I think it is backward and a little ridiculous. I think this, mayBE I even BElieve this BEcause I have seen just how empowering curiosity and persistence are. I also know that encouragement, the interior as well that which comes from others BElieving in me, has made ALL the difference.

The best way to treat obstacles is to use them as stepping-stones. Laugh at them, tread on them, and let them lead you to something better.  [Enid Blyton, Mr Galliano's Circus]

This is a wise thing BEcause laughter, carrying on, and letting Life teach and guide me are what have mostly made the Worry-Currie apparitions disappear. Even if I didn’t think so at the time. Even if I continued to deny it for a Very Long Time.

The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings. [Ralph H. Blum]

Sometimes this idea can come off as glib. Too convenient. Too simple. But I still BElieve it with all my heart.

When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.   [Charles A. Beard]

BEautimous truth.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

It took me a long time to discover that no matter how upset I was when my life was altered because of obstacles that my path always ended up to be the right one after all and I was right where I was supposed to be in the end. ;)