Friday, February 28, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 28 February 2014


So, we may not be able to explain the world. Not exactly. But we can accept it, and love it. We can turn our faces to the light and examine the minutest details simply for the sake of it. We can live lives of joy and purpose. We are all part of one whole. Take comfort in this. Almost every one of us is capable of holding a cup to another’s lips without our hands shaking.  [Jay Woodman, SPAN]

Acceptance is one of those things that, like Letting Go, I didn’t really grasp that I didn’t grasp. I thought it automatic, mayBE. But over time I have learned that Life is Life and the World is the World. I’ve learned to “keep my eyes on my own paper” you might say…

Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future.  [John F. Kennedy]

This seems to BE one of those habits we accept without examining closely. Blame is far easier to fling than Responsibility is to take in hand.

The more I expect, the more unhappy I am going to be. The more I accept, the more serene I am.  [Michael J. Fox]

Chop wood, carry water.

Life is as simple as we can accept it BEing.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

Yup! I've always liked that--Chop wood, carry water. Life goes on. Daily duties. Small joys. :)