Thursday, February 27, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 27 February 2014


We are all humiliated by the sudden discovery of a fact which has existed very comfortably and perhaps been staring at us in private while we have been making up our world entirely without it[George Eliot, Middlemarch]

Just yesterday I found out that I feel a certain way about something. And I told my truth about it. Out loud. And I was told I “shouldn’t feel that way.” And I persisted. NOT rudely. I just persisted. It feels clearer Now.

We can't be afraid of change. You may feel very secure in the pond that you are in, but if you never venture out of it, you will never know that there is such a thing as an ocean, a sea. Holding onto something that is good for you now, may be the very reason why you don't have something better. [C. JoyBell C.]

Some discoveries are painful. Some of them seem to BEgin as Very Bad Ideas. Ideas to which we, or others, have a visceral reaction.

Some discoveries need to bash you over the head til you see stars and sometimes that is just what it takes.

Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. [Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland]

You’d think by Now I’d know the answer.

But really, I don’t.


I love you, Currie

No comments: