Monday, February 3, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 3 February 2014


Be Impeccable With Your Word. Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.   [Miguel Angel Ruiz]

It occurs to me that “impeccability” is NOT an everyday word, nor is it a concept I’ve fully grasped. In fact, I am somewhat embarrassed that I would use this quote when large chunks of my recent words aren't above reproach.

Still, I love this one of the 4 Agreements BEcause it is clear and something I can always aim toward.

Every day we should hear at least one little song, read one good poem, see one exquisite picture, and, if possible, speak a few sensible words.   [Johann Wolfgang von Goethe]

I think that while rules are often made to BE broken, they also give me a context. And without that context I often flounder and flop round like a fish out of water. This is why I write always, first thing, BEfore I fling myself out into the World. It helps me to find my center. It keeps me from feeling useless. It gives me a context.

Trees are the earth's endless effort to speak to the listening heaven.   [Rabindranath Tagore]

I like that image.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

It's actually a lot easier to be honest and truthful. You don't have to try to keep your lies straight--LOL!

I think your morning writing practice is a great idea. Did you get that from The Artist's Way?