Sunday, February 2, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 2 February 2014


There is an eagle in me that wants to soar, and there is a hippopotamus in me that wants to wallow in the mud.   [Carl Sandburg]

This is the way I often feel. I was just writing about how I stick and stall and spend my Nows in thought-cramping brain-freezes rather than choosing to soar. Life is a curious business and somedays the best I can manage is SEEing it clearly in the rearview mirror.

As long as you keep a person down, some part of you has to be down there to hold him down, so it means you cannot soar as you otherwise might.   [Marian Anderson]

This is a humbling thought. I have been focusing on the half-emptiness of things a lot more than I would like of late. I have focused on the negative and in the process missed completely seeing the positivity that is ALWAYS there.

ALWAYS.

While I am NOT pleased that I have been engaged in the negative, I am glad for seeing it and knowing that it is merely a shift in focus that will bring me back to where I prefer BEing.

Where I CHOOSE to BE.

Refuse to be average. Let your heart soar as high as it will.   [Aiden Wilson Tozer]

It really is that simple, isn’t it?!


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

I've noticed these last few years how negativity effects my body and mind--judgment and worrying are my biggest offenders. They literally hurt me now. And feel like a physical weight on me. I cannot ignore them like I could when I was healthier. That's a good thing. There are always silver linings. :)