Thursday, February 20, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 20 February 2014


You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.   [Tom Hiddleston]

Life is like this for me. I no longer look ahead and round the corners though. I just plod on. I DO the next things and, as much as I can, those things I BElieve to BE the “next right” things. I sometimes let something drop away and notice it hasn’t made that much difference. Then I consider whether to pick it up again or just go on without it. Sometimes I get it right. NOT always though.

Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries.   [James A. Michener]

Michener had a good point. It is so rare that anything gives way or doors burst open at the first go. Even the second. [I know this BEcause I have learnt it again and again in practise.]

I am NOT always the most graceful, but I DO persist in things I think are essential. And it’s working, so far.

The art of love is largely the art of persistence.   [Albert Ellis]

Is that harsh?! Does it NOT ring true?! It surely resonates with my experience.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

Yes. Persistence is keeping going even when it is not easy and getting back on track when you have had obstacles to overcome. Love is a good example--LOL! ;)