Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 12 February 2014


I grow plants for many reasons: to please my eye or to please my soul, to challenge the elements or to challenge my patience, for novelty or for nostalgia, but mostly for the joy in seeing them grow.  [David Hobson]

I make art and I write for similar reasons. It used to BE that I had so much “busy-busy” stuff going on, so many “have-to-DO” things, and whacked-out “priorities” that I was always wishing I had time to write or make art.

Now I BEgin my days with writing and making art. I DO this BEcause it pleases my soul. It gives me a sense of purpose. It lets me give it away, too. And that is the real reason I write and make art. To give them both away.

My greatest challenge has been to change the mindset of people. Mindsets play strange tricks on us. We see things the way our minds have instructed our eyes to see.   [Muhammad Yunus]

My greatest challenge has been to change the way I look at Life. At my place in it. And my part. Or parts, since I realise there are many roles and ways of BEing Human in my Life’s Time.

To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   [Nelson Mandela]

Wasn’t he brilliant?!


I love you, Currie

No comments: