Saturday, February 8, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 8 February 2014


Prayer does not use up artificial energy, doesn't burn up any fossil fuel, doesn't pollute. Neither does song, neither does love, neither does the dance.   [Margaret Mead]

I don’t imagine curiosity, compassion, or leaps of faith DO either…

Ideas excite me, and as soon as I get excited, the adrenaline gets going and the next thing I know I'm borrowing energy from the ideas themselves.   [Ray Bradbury]

I, too, get excited by ideas. Sometimes I have so many ideas running round my brain that I am dizzy and all out of breath. I think it can BE wonderful to have so many ideas, even if I don’t pursue but a fraction of them. Ideas are deLIGHTfully energising.

I define connection as the energy that exists between people when they feel seen, heard, and valued; when they can give and receive without judgment; and when they derive sustenance and strength from the relationship.   [BrenĂ© Brown]

It is essential for each person to understand what the meaning is of words. The meaning to them, I mean. The idea of things is often what we are running on and NOT actual definitions.

I find that when I run into trouble it is largely about different meanings. Thus different intention and expectation. I have to know what I mean to understand another.


I love you, Currie

No comments: