Monday, February 24, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 24 February 2014


Let go of certainty. The opposite isn't uncertainty. It's openness, curiosity and a willingness to embrace paradox, rather than choose up sides. The ultimate challenge is to accept ourselves exactly as we are, but never stop trying to learn and grow.  [Tony Schwartz]

Amazed though I am at how little I know about things I thought myself sure of, I continue to reach out to learn, discover, and uncover what is hidden from my view. I don’t join in or align myself with groups and causes, generally. I prefer the edge where I can take things in at my own pace. Or NOT.

Socrates told us, "the unexamined life is not worth living." I think he's calling for curiosity, more than knowledge. In every human society at all times and at all levels, the curious are at the leading edge.  [Roger Ebert]

It does make sense, at least it seems to, that I remain ever more curious as my years pile up, one upon the last.

And yet I am never DONE. My thirst for discovering and learning is NOT quenchable.

I think, at a child's birth, if a mother could ask a fairy godmother to endow it with the most useful gift, that gift would be curiosity.   [Eleanor Roosevelt]

I think that sounds divine. How about you?!


I love you, Currie

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Curiosity is a wonderful gift and somewhat undervalued in some places. We should all stay as curious as children, otherwise how will we continue to learn?

Rita said...

I know there's some quote about the older I get the less I know--LOL! I have always loved learning. I think it is highly undervalued. ;)