Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 25 February 2014


But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world.   [Antoine de Saint-ExupĂ©ry, The Little Prince]

Need has had a bad rap. We are NOT supposed to BE “needy” and the truly “needy” deserve our help. It gets convoluted when I think about it in reverse.

I have come to identify my needs in as simple a fashion as I can. I don’t want to BE “unique in all the World” to anyone. I just love people. That is enough.

Wherever you turn, you can find someone who needs you. Even if it is a little thing, do something for which there is no pay but the privilege of doing it. Remember, you don't live in a world all of your own.   [Albert Schweitzer]

I DO like living my simple little Life. Content with my means. DOing the things I DO without striving after goals.

And  when I can make someone a little happier?! Fulfill another’s need in a quiet way?! Exquisite!!

The snow goose need not bathe to make itself white. Neither need you do anything but be yourself.  [Lao Tzu]

I like when things are kept simple. When I don’t NEED to think so much.


I love you, Currie

No comments: