Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 19 February 2014


It's very dramatic when two people come together to work something out. It's easy to take a gun and annihilate your opposition, but what is really exciting to me is to see people with differing views come together and finally respect each other.   [Fred Rogers, The World According to Mister Rogers]

Respect is sometimes tricky. There is that “respect” we’ve had drilled into us that we Must Have, and then there is the “respect” that canNOT help but grow and thrive in a World where people really, I mean REALLY listen and allow space for one another.

Even with all their differences and those places that don’t match up perfectly.

When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everybody will respect you.   [Lao Tzu]

I wonder if that is true or simply a really good idea?! I’m guessing here, but perhaps it is when we give up on the idea that we need BE more or less this or that that we finally come to a place of peace; and in that place lives and thrives Respect.

To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater.  [Bono]

It isn’t easy BEing green. Or the many things that others are NOT.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

Hi Currie!
Respect is something sorely lacking in the world today. Especially amongst the power people causing the most damage. But close to home--in our own backyards, so to speak--is where we can work quietly on ourselves with every soul we meet. Flawed as I am, its not always easy to do. I have sometimes wondered how I would fare with a bigger arena like the power people. Scary. I will work hard in my small arena and be glad of its limited scope. ;)