Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 5 February 2014


Can anything be so elegant as to have few wants, and to serve them one's self?   [Ralph Waldo Emerson]

I am always a little astonished when I realise that one of my guiding principles is actually a wondrously old thought. I choose to have as few wants as possible, and each one gets to BE tested BEfore I will truly let it BE mine. And if one “passes” I’ll always look to myself first.

A life is either all spiritual or not spiritual at all. No man can serve two masters. Your life is shaped by the end you live for. You are made in the image of what you desire.   [Thomas Merton]

Oftentime absolutes just bug me. They seem too something. But as I consider this I have to say I DO BElieve it. I have worn two faces, have been of two minds, and have been different enough in one moment to know that sometimes choosing is my only hope for BEcoming whole and complete.

If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself.    [Confucius]

Unwittingly wise. And a “best practise” when BEing judgmental.


I love you, Currie

No comments: