Saturday, February 1, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 1 February 2014


Kites rise highest against the wind - not with it.   [Winston Churchill]

A simple idea that I never really knew BEfore. What is it that the kite knows that I have forgotten to remember?! Why DO I seem always to struggle to separate from what I might use to empower me?!

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.   [Saint Augustine]

It is just this sort of underpinning that has most often eluded me. I have gone through Life, far too often, with a sense of entitlement. It did NOT come from arrogance but from ignorance. I did NOT understand that when one rises, truly, it is from a place NOT entitled but constrained. It requires effort and direction, and it is not a thing to expect without giving all I have to its accomplishment.

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.   [Edward Abbey]

It is an odd thing, wishing for challenge and difficulty, yet rising to meet my challenges and overcoming my difficulties have been the real treasures of my Life. I suppose Someone knew this when Life was given me.

And I’m just finding out…


I love you, Currie

No comments: