Monday, February 10, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 10 February 2014


I believe that history has shape, order, and meaning; that exceptional men, as much as economic forces, produce change; and that passe abstractions like beauty, nobility, and greatness have a shifting but continuing validity.   [Camille Paglia]

When things are happening that have happened at other times in my Life, for example the Olympics, I BEcome exceptionally attuned to the change that is constant, that is happening breath by breath and blink by blink without my even realising it.

Sometimes I BElieve I am resisting change. Others that I am cheering it on and pushing it forward. I think, really, all I can ever DO is BE swept up in it.

Forgiving does not erase the bitter past. A healed memory is not a deleted memory. Instead, forgiving what we cannot forget creates a new way to remember. We change the memory of our past into a hope for our future.   [Lewis B. Smedes]

I really love this idea. It has been such a hard thing for me, forgiveness. Yet in these words I find the sort of Hope that can changes my struggle to an embrace. It is true that forgiveness is healing.

Find joy in everything you choose to do. Every job, relationship, home... it's your responsibility to love it, or change it.   [Chuck Palahniuk]

I will.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Julie Jordan Scott said...

I especially love the quote from Lewis B. Smedes. So much in there to contemplate.

I also love the artful image... absolutely gorgeous. So glad I popped in today. It is always a delight to visit!