Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 4 February 2014


We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.   [Aristotle]

I’ve heard this, I’ve KNOWN this to BE true, and yet I still find myself sticking and refusing to budge.

On the other hand, when I DO wonder WHO I am, the first place I look is at what I DO. And DO. Daily. What are my habits?! This is where I shall always find myself when I get lost.

Yet it is in this loneliness that the deepest activities begin. It is here that you discover act without motion, labor that is profound repose, vision in obscurity, and, beyond all desire, a fulfillment whose limits extend to infinity.   [Thomas Merton]

Often I have resented that I am flying solo. But I remind myself that indeed I AM flying. Within this flight I have discovered Solitude. I have discovered a ME I had never imagined could BE. I continue to learn this ME unfolding herself. This is empowering action, then, flying solo.

All growth is a leap in the dark, a spontaneous unpremeditated act without benefit of experience.  [Henry Miller]

We never DO know, any of us, how things will take place, what will happen, how anything will “turn out” in the ever-elusive “End” we are so sure exists. That is Life.


I love you, Currie

No comments: