Friday, February 14, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 14 February 2014


The idea is to write it so that people hear it and it slides through the brain and goes straight to the heart.   [Maya Angelou]

I’d likely NOT have said it this way, but this idea really resonates with my WHY I write. I write an awful lot of stuff that even I don’t read, but the act of writing itself is the gift. I don’t plan or outline or even always have a purpose or point, but writing works things through my brain setting them gently on my heart.

A fitting thing for Valentine’s Day, eh?!

Love. Fall in love and stay in love. Write only what you love, and love what you write. The key word is love. You have to get up in the morning and write something you love, something to live for.   [Ray Bradbury]

For me, getting up early, well BEfore the sun, when the sky looks like the art I made today, writing and making a bit of art to share is exquisite. It is luxurious. It is ample and well more than Enough.

That I love it is whipped cream. If YOU enJOY it, well, that’s nuts and a cherry!!!

A writer should write with his eyes and a painter paint with his ears.   [Gertrude Stein]

A little something to ponder…


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Carol said...

Beautiful art and Great words once again :)